Application Deadline: September 22, 2014.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is now accepting applications for the 2014 Norman E. Borlaug International Agricultural Science and Technology Fellowship Program. The program offers training and collaborative research opportunities to scientists, researchers and policymakers from 28 eligible countries. Fellows will work one-on-one with a mentor at a U.S. university, research center or government agency, usually for 6-12 weeks. The U.S. mentor will later visit the fellow’s home institution to continue collaboration.
To be considered for the Borlaug Fellowship Program, candidates must:
- Be citizens of an eligible country
- Be fluent in English
- Have completed a Master’s or higher degree
- Be in the early or middle stage of their career, with at least two years of practical experience
- Be employed by a university, government agency or research entity in their home country
- Demonstrate their intention to continue working in their home country after completing the fellowship
Applicants are selected based on their academic and professional research interests and achievements, level of scientific competence, aptitude for scientific research, leadership potential, likelihood of bringing back new ideas to their home institution, and flexibility and aptitude for success in a cross-cultural environment. Consideration is also given to the relevance of the applicant’s research area to the research topics highlighted in the application announcement and to global food security and trade.
Candidates must apply via the online application system (link below). The following information will be required:
- Completed application form
- 2-3 page program proposal and action plan
- Signed approval from applicant’s home institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official copy of transcript for college/university degree(s) received
- Copy of passport identification page
The application deadline September 22, 2014.
For More Information:
Click here to access the online application system (external 3rd party site)