Application Deadline: December 1st 2014
The Legacy International and Bridges Center (LIBC) is pleased to announce the 2015 Professional Fellows Program (PFP) as part of an NGO Development Program.This two-way citizen exchange program is a capacity-building and professional development initiative that serves individuals working in civil society in Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco.
This program is designed for people with strong leadership skills who are early- to mid-career professionals. It is for visionary individuals committed to making a lasting impact in the areas of public service and social development.
This program is designed for early- to mid-career professionals, with strong leadership skills, who are and who are committed to making a lasting positive impact in their communities through civil society (NGO/CSO/Associations). Areas of interest may include, but are not limited to:
This program is designed for people with strong leadership skills who are early- to mid-career professionals and who are committed to making a lasting positive impact through work in the civil society (NGO) sector.
Eligible candidates must be:
- A resident and citizen of Egypt, Algeria, Morocco or Tunisia
- Between 25 and 40 years of age
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Have two years minimum experience with local NGO’s, advocacy and reform organizations and networks, civil society organizations, unions, or other related fields.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have NOT previously traveled to the U.S. on a government-sponsored exchange program.
- 34 Fellows will be selected from four countries (8-9 each from Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, and Tunisia)
- Fellows will participate in a month-long, fellowship placement in an American organization, including service organizations, advocacy groups, grassroots organizations, federal agencies, and congressional offices.
- Spring delegation (Tunisia and Morocco): April 20 -June 5, 2015
- Fall Delegation: (Egypt and Algeria) October 9-November 13, 2015.
For More Information: