Application Deadline: August 15 2014
The Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law offers a limited number of research scholarships for foreign scholars. The scholarships are funded by the Max Planck Society and are intended to support research stays at the Institute. The maximum duration of a scholarship is 4 months.
Priority is given to candidates whose work may advance the research interests of the Institute. Projects eligible for the scholarship program include participation in Institute research projects, joint projects of Institute Associates and Visiting Fellows, and individual projects of Visiting Fellows which fall within the Institute’s Research Focus. Topics readily compatible with existing fields of research at the Institute are encouraged.
Scholarships are available for
– foreign doctoral students
– foreign post-doctoral candidates and other early-stage researchers
– foreign professors or other senior researchers with equivalent academic achievements who plan to undertake research at the Institute within the scope of the Institute’s areas of research.
A complete application must contain the following documents:
- – curriculum vitae, particularly professional education, past academic activity and employment, and a detailed description of your current position(s)
- – list of your publications
- – detailed information on the proposed research project, particularly subject and description of the project and working plan
- – two (2) letters of recommendation.
Please submit these documents via the application platform. If your letters of reference are sealed, you can submit those by mail. Your referees may also choose to submit their recommendations directly to our scholarship administration.
Applications are not accepted through e-mail
- Please, indicate a valid period of not more than 4 month for your requested scholarship stay. For example, for 2015: 2 February 2015 – 30 May 2015, or 1 May 2015 – 30 June 2015.