Application Deadline: 20th of March 2023
Are you involved with products or applications that use artificial intelligence? Are you interested in ethical issues and in making products and applications more inclusive and sustainable? Do you like working in international interdisciplinary teams and enjoy changing perspectives? Then apply for our two-month online Fellowship Programme « AI to Amplify », consisting of seminars, networking events and workshops, starting in May 2023. The programme is free of charge. There is no age limit, applications can be submitted by persons from 18 years of age.
Goethe Institut welcomes applications from coders and developers from the Global North and Global South, but also from philosophers, artists, sociologists, lawyers and activists. Goethe Institut aims for a good mix of teams, which means we explicitly encourage women, queer people, people with disabilities, people without a degree and people with diverse professional backgrounds to apply.
- The training programme is tailored to the needs of the participants and is free of charge.
- It offers you the chance to meet other social activists, to gain new perspectives and to network internationally.
- You can contribute your own ideas and perspectives to the development of community-oriented products and applications and develop them further in the team. This will give your ideas and perspectives high visibility.
- Six winning teams will receive seed money to further develop their prototypes and present them at a conference in the Global North. They thus become part of a worldwide movement/community.
- After a second selection process, two winning teams will receive seed money of € 10,000 for the further realisation of the product idea or prototype.
Call for applications for coders and developers from the Global North and the Global South in cooperation with local coding initiatives. Applications from philosophers, artists, sociologists, lawyers and civil society actors are also welcome.
Start of the two-month online Fellowship Programme, consisting of seminars, networking events and workshops. The focus is on the exchange between the participants and the sensitization for questions of ethics and inclusion through the invitation of international speakers who illuminate the topic of artificial intelligence from different perspectives. The participants should inform each other about local needs and identify a relevant topic in their project location.
Two-week hackathon in which ideas for AI applications are developed in diverse teams. Selection of six ideas/teams for further development.
August or September 2023:
Invitation of the six teams to a physical meeting in connection with an AI conference in the Global South to network with each other, sharpen the product idea, deal with the local conditions and participate in the conference.
Further development phase to expand the idea within the six teams, supported by a stipend and regular online coaching. Pitching of product ideas at the end of the development phase and selection of two proposals for further funding. Presentation of these products and/or the project at a conference in the Global North.
A jury will select 80 (eighty) participants from all applications. From these we will put together as diverse teams as possible. Due to the different time zones, we will probably work in two groups of 40 people each. The online sessions during the Fellowship Programme are currently planned to take place about twice a week for 2 hours each. You will be informed at the end of March whether your application was successful. Further organisational details will be announced then as well
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Goethe Institut “AI to Amplify” Fellowship Programme 2023