The Community Solutions Program is a professional development program for the best and brightest global community leaders working in Transparency & Accountability, Tolerance and Conflict Resolution, Environmental Issues, and Women and Gender Issues. Selected candidates will participate in: a four month U.S. fellowship with a local nonprofit organization or government agency; structured virtual learning and networking via the Online Community Leadership Institute; and, the design and implementation of follow-on projects in their home countries.
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS OF THE GRANT
• J-1 visa support
• Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to the U.S.
• Accident and sickness insurance
• Living Allowance to cover housing, meals and incidentals
TECHNICAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Candidates will be considered without respect to race, color, religion, national origin, or gender. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Competition for the Community Solutions Program is merit-based and open to community leaders, ages 25-38 at the time of application, who meet the following criteria:
• From a participating country (U.S. citizens, permanent residents of the U.S., and individuals who have applied for U.S. permanent residency in the past three years are not eligible for this program)
• Currently living and working in his/her home country (Individuals participating in academic, training or research programs in the United States at the time of application and individuals residing or working outside their home countries at the time of application are not eligible for this program)
• Currently working on a community project or initiative in his/her home country; and, has at least 2 years of professional experience in this capacity at the time of application
• Able to begin the program in the United States in 2013, and is committed to returning to his/her home country after completion of the program
• Able to receive a U.S. J-1 visa (Individuals who have participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored or funded by the U.S. Government who have not fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement by the time of application are not eligible for this program)
• Proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application
Eligible African Countries
Africa: Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
North Africa: Egypt, Libya, Morocco,Tunisia .
Applications for the Community Solutions Program here
Application Deadline: October 31st 2012