Application Deadline: September 30th 2016
Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (GoI), through the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) have launched the C.V. Raman Fellowship for African Researchers programme under the India-Africa Forum Summit to promote human capacity building through scientific and technological cooperation between Africa and India. This prestigious fellowship is aimed to further strengthen the bond between India and African nations in the fields of science and technology.
FICCI, on behalf of GoI, invites applications from African researchers for award of this fellowship for conducting research in Indian institutions across all areas of science and technology.
The objective of C V Raman Fellowship is to provide opportunity for African researchers to conduct research under the guidance of a host scientist in India in order to advance their own research capabilities while fostering scientific and technological cooperation between Africa and India.
All fields of natural and engineering sciences, including mathematics and statistics are included under this programme. Humanities and behavioural sciences are not covered under this programme.
(a) Doctoral / Post Doctoral Fellowship: Duration 6 months
(b) Visiting Fellowship: Duration 3 months
(c) Senior Fellowship: Duration 1 month
- Applicant should be a citizen/permanent resident of an eligible African country having diplomatic relations with India.
- Applicant should be actively engaged in research at any recognized university or research institution in any one of the African countries.
- Minimum Academic Qualifications Doctoral / Post Doctoral Fellowship:
Completed/Pursuing PhD in any recognised university or research institution in Africa
Visiting Fellowship: Ph.D / M.Tech/M.Sc or with 4 to 6 years of research/ teaching experience.
Senior Fellowship: Senior Experts / Scientists/Professors
Applicants who have already availed C V Raman Fellowship in any one of the previous years are NOT eligible to apply.
Applicants who had applied in any of the previous years but were unsuccessful or could not avail it may re-apply for the current year.
Types of Fellowship Offered
- Round-trip air ticket in economy class from the place of employment in respective African country to the Indian airport nearest to the Indian host institute, through shortest route. Local transport by road/rail between the nearest airport and the host institute in India.
- Doctoral / Post Doctoral Fellowship: ` 40,000/- per month including accommodation.
- Visiting Fellowship: ` 50,000/- per month including accommodation.
- Senior Fellowship: ` 50,000/- per month + accommodation (preferably at host institute
- guest house / private hotel subject to a limit of` 2500/- per day charges)
- Doctoral / Post Doctoral Fellowship: One time contingency grant of ` 20,000/-Visiting Fellowship: One time contingency grant of ` 10,000/-
- Senior Fellowship: One time contingency grant of` 10,000/- + Local travel in India, as perapproved program with a limit of ` 30,000 Additional one time contingency grant for host Indian scientist will be provided as mentioned below:
- Post- Doctoral Fellowship- ` 25,000
- Visiting Fellowship- ` 20,000Senior Fellowship- ` 10,000
Documents to be Submitted:
- Application Form duly filled-in by applicant
- Consent letter from host scientist on institution letter head or format attach with the
- Letter of recommendation from applicant’s current employer or head of institution
- Detailed research plan in India, duly endorsed by applicant’s proposed host scientist
- Copy of applicant’s highest degree/educational qualification
- Photocopy of applicant’s valid Passport, showing his/her picture, passport number and other personal details
- Latest photograph of applicant
- Detailed CV including academic qualifications, scientific publications, achievements and work experience.
- Last Date of application: September 30, 2016
- Result Announcement (Tentative): February/ March 2017
- Period to avail the fellowship upon selection: April 2017 to March 2018.
For More Information: