Application Deadline: 31. August 2016
From now on we will accept applications from artists from Middle East and subsaharan Africa.
CORRECTIV is pleased to announce two graphic novel fellowships for artists. One from the Middle East and one from subsaharan Africa. In the framework of this fellowship, illustrators from the respective regions can apply for a six-months full scholarship. CORRECTIV selects the fellows.
CORRECTIV is the first nonprofit investigative newsroom in the German-speaking world.
- CORRECTIV will invite two fellows for six months to Berlin.
- Each fellow will receive free housing, roughly 10.000 Euro for expenses for living in Berlin for six months, and the flights to and from Berlin.
- Each fellow will work in the newsroom on one of our investigation to transfer it into a graphic novel. After the end of the fellowship we will publish the novel as a book as part of our publishing activities – and we will publish it on our website, so that everybody can have access to the work.
- Correctiv would like the illustrators to bring ideas from the graphic traditions of their home countries and regions. This will also be an important impulse for the graphic novel scene in Europe. We know, that there are excellent illustrators in Asia and Africa.
- The Correctiv fellowship offers the opportunity to develop investigative stories about blood diamonds, inside views of terrorists groups, the abuse of child soldiers, about the history of European colonalism or international slave trade
- If you are an illustrators or a comic artist and you are interested in the fellowship, please send your application latest 31. August 2016 to David Schraven. Please use this email-adress: [email protected]
- Please include in your application some examples of your work, your curriculum vitae and the six month period, you would like to stay in Berlin (between 1 October 2016 and 31 September 2017).
The fellowship is supported by the Open Society Foundations.
For More Information: