Application Deadline: Monday, 15th June 2015
The Centre for Science and Technology of the Non-Aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Centre) is presently implementing a Fellowship scheme titled ‘Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCS)’ to provide opportunity to young researchers of the developing countries for their capacity building in science and technology through their affiliation with premier academic and research institutions in India to carry out short-term research work.
Full financial support is provided to the research fellows for their international travel, subsistence allowance, research contingency,domestic travel in India, etc under this scheme, which has been sponsored by the Government of India, Department of Science & Technology (DST), Ministry of Science & Technology
In the fourth year of implementation of the RTF-DCS scheme, the NAM S&T Centre invites applications from the eligible researchers of the developing countries for the Fellowship for the financial year 2015-16 (1st April 2015 to 31st March 2016).
Number of Fellowships:
- Fifty (50) scientists and researchers from the developing countries will be selected this year under the RTF- DCS Scheme to get affiliated with Indian academic and R&D institutions.
Duration of the Fellowship
- The Fellowship will be for a period of six months, but some variation in the duration may be allowed with prior approval of the NAM S&T Centre depending upon the actual requirement of the research project as mutually agreed between the Fellow and the host institution.
For this year, Fellowship will be offered for working in research topics under any of the following
broad disciplines :
1. Agricultural Sciences
2. Biological and Medical Sciences
3. Chemical Sciences
4. Physical Sciences and Mathematics
5. Earth Sciences
6. Engineering Sciences
7. Materials, Minerals and Metallurgy
8. Multi-disciplinary and Other Areas
- Applicant should possess at least a Post Graduate Degree in any Natural Science subject or an equivalent degree in Technology/Engineering /Medicine/allied disciplines.
- Applicant should be working in a national R&D or academic institution in his/her home country.
- The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/her institution confirming that if selected, he/she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 40 years as on 1st January 2015.
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship
Full financial assistance will be provided to the selected Fellows which will include the following:
- Round trip international airfare by excursion/economy class and by shortest route from the international airport in the home country to the international airport nearest to the host institution.
- A consolidated Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 35,000 [about US$560 at the current exchange rate] per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous expenses.
- One-time grant of INR 30,000 [about US$480 at the current exchange rate] for research contingency expenses and domestic travel for airport transfers and visiting research institutions, attending scientific /events and field-trips within India.
The selected Fellow will take an appropriate policy for health insurance coverage for the
period of stay in India. The cost for taking the insurance policy is not reimbursable by the
NAM S&T Centre. The NAM S&T Centre will purchase the air ticket for his/her travel to India only after receiving the insurance policy document of the selected Fellow.
Individual Fellow, or his/her government / institution, is required to bear the following
a. All expenses in the home country incidental to travel abroad, including expenditure
incurred to obtain passport and visa and for medical examinations and vaccinations as may be required as well as other miscellaneous expenses such as internal travel to/from the international airport of departure in the home country.
b. Salary and other related allowances in the home country, if applicable, during the Fellowship period.
c. Cost towards the medical insurance to cover the period of Fellowship in India
Before you start filling up the form, please keep the following documents ready to be uploaded.
i. Curriculum Vitae ( in MS Word format,not more than two Pages), including Professional and Research Experience and List of Latest Publications (Not more than five)
ii. Research Proposal with Objectives, Scope of Work, Plan of Action, Methodology and Deliverables ( in MS Word format).
iii. Recent Passport size Photograph.
iv. Copy of Relevant Pages of your Passport
v. Copy of Recommendation letter of your present employer duly filled and signed along with your Signature ( Take a print out of the format of recommendation letter that is appended at the end of this Announcement and scan the appropriately filled up document for uploading).
vi. A copy of the letter / e. mail (if obtained) from any Indian scientist/institution with consent to accept you to work with them, if you get selected by the NAM S&T Centre
After submission of Application Form, if you do not receive within one week an Acknowledgement
on your personal email ID provided at the time of submission, then kindly re-submit your application or contact us at [email protected]
Apply Now for the 2015/2016 Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists