Application Deadline: April 30 2015
The Nigerian Ministry of Communication Technology as part of its yearly activities to mark the “2015 Girls in ICT Day” is calling for submissions for a proposal on “My ICT Innovation” from girls in Secondary Schools around Nigeria.
The International Girls in ICT Day is an initiative backed by all ITU Member State in ITU Plenipotentiary Resolution 70 (Guadalajara, 2010). It aims to create a global environment that empowers and encourages girls and young women to consider careers in the growing field of information and communication technologies (ICTs). International Girls in ICT Day is celebrated on the 4th Thursday in April every year.
Entry Submission Information (Modalities)
This year, as part of activities to mark the Girls in ICT day, the Ministry of Communication Technology is sponsoring a competition that will encourage girls to discover and innovate ways of using ICT in everyday life, work and study. Submissions are therefore invited from girls in secondary schools across the country in the competition titled: ” My ICT Innovation”.
How to Enter
- Entries should give a detailed description of a proposal, project or idea on what you or your team can do with ICT given the opportunity in any area of your choice.
- Submissions should not be less than 750 but not more than 1,000 words on 3 pages of Microsoft Word Documents or 5 pages of Power Point Presentation
- Diagrams are not compulsary but could enhance your entry
- Entries should be clearly marked and labeled with name of student (s)/School and endorsed by the school principal
- Participants in this competition must be ready to demonstrate ownership of the proposal when called upon to do so.
Entry Submission Portal:
- Entries are to be submitted online at: www.digitalgirls.org.ng
(Participants are advised to check the portal from time to time. Only submissions through the portal will be considered)
- First Prize: N500,000 ( Five Hundred thousand naira)
- Second Prize: N300,000 (Three Hundred thousand naira)
- Third Prize: N200,000 (Two Hundred thousand naira)
- Prizes will only be awarded to support the innovations or ideas in the winning submissions
- Due to the volume of entries that this competition will attract, only winning entries will be contacted
- Entries will be received from Monday, April 27th to Thursday, April 30th 2015.
- Entry closes on Thursday, 3oth April 2015
- Winners will be announced on Friday 8th May, 2015
- Prizes will be awarded to winning submissions on Tuesday, 14th May