Application Deadline: June 5 2015
What: 2015 International Conference on Family Planning: Global Commitments, Local Actions
Where: November 9-12, 2015 in Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Worth: Young people who are selected will have conference registration and travel costs covered, and will play an essential role in providing a youth perspective to the program.
- Are you 18-‐25 years old and passionate about family planning, sexual and reproduc<ve health and rights? Voice your engagement as a youth conference speaker!
- Young people who are selected will have conference registration and travel costs covered and will play an essential role in providing a youth perspective to the program.
- Applicants are asked to prepare a video of up to five minutes about who they are and their engagement in family planning.
- All youth applicants must complete their own video submission, but may seek assistance from local organizations or other resources. At least one professional reference should be provided in support of the candidates’ qualifications.
- In order to enter the youth video contest, you must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on or before November 1,2015 (born between 1st November 1990 and 1st November 1997).
- You can only enter the contest once.
- Clarity of family planning adolescent SHRH message.
- Ability to speak to and convey a message to an audience
- Background and reference.
- Interest and ability to learn and contribute to the process
- Clarity of image and sound in the video submission (for transfer onto multimedia screen and visibility from a distance).
- The video is to highlight your experience with family planning, your creativity, and your ability to convey an important message to an audience.
- You may use photos, music, or other graphics but you must also speak during the video.
- The submission must be your original work.
- You, the applicant, must hold all rights to the submission including the copyright.
The submission must be at least thirty (30) seconds in length and may not exceed five (5) minutes in length.
In the case that a longer video is provided, a start and end point of a 5-minute time segment must be indicated.
The submission must be in either French or English.
Submissions in other languages should include English subtitles.
You will have to make the video publicly available so that when you submit the URL, we can accessyour video.
- The name and contact information of at least one (1) reference (e.g. a mentor, teacher or supervisor from an organization that you have volunteered for or worked with in the past) should be provided in support of your qualification as speaker at the conference.
- Create a free account on YouTube or Vimeo using the links below:
Watch some of the 2013 videos for inspiration!
For More Information: