Application Deadline: Friday 12th April, 2019
The Thomson Foundation mobile journalism competition is a leading showcase for mobile journalism (‘mojo’) talent. In partnership with Mojofest, the competition is now in its fifth year.
Every spring, applications are invited from those who have what it takes to become the next mojo star. Applicants are required to submit a feature story or news report filmed and edited entirely on a mobile device, which excites, intrigues and surprises and demonstrates impact and creativity.
Prize 1: The winner will receive return flights to Galway, Ireland, five-star accommodation and tickets to Mojofest from 6-8th June 2019, a festival dedicated to mobile journalism and headed up by one of the most respected mojo voices in the industry, Glen Mulcahy.
Prize 2: Five runners up will also receive free access to Glen’s advanced mobile journalism online course from our Journalism Now programme.
How to Enter:
1) Create a mobile journalism story, either a feature or TV-style news report with a run time of 2-5 minutes. The most important thing is that the story is shot and edited entirely on a mobile device (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, RIM Blackberry, etc) and that the video content is delivered in high definition.
2) The story must be produced by ONE individual and entries will be marked on the following:
- Journalism: Originality and credibility of the story, demonstrating original research, effort and use of interviews.
- Impact: Importance of the subject matter and the impact the story has achieved.
- Uniqueness to medium: Innovative and appropriate use of mobile-recording techniques.
- Storytelling: Clarity of the storytelling.
- Technical quality: Technical quality of the production.
3) Entries should ideally be in English, however, other languages with on screen subtitles are acceptable.
For More Information: