Application Deadline: February 7, 2017
The World Photography Organisation and ZEISS are pleased to launch the second edition of the ZEISS Photography Award ‘Seeing Beyond’, with the theme “Meaningful places”. The competition was established by ZEISS to challenge photographers worldwide.
- The competition is open to all photographers around the world and each entry should include a series of at least 3 and not more than 10 images.
- Un-published work entered into the competition must have been taken between the dates of 1st January 2012 and 7th February 2017.
The 2017 Brief
Following on from last year’s hugely successful inaugural edition, which attracted entries from 116 countries – from Albania to Zimbabwe, the theme for the 2017 ZEISS Photography Award ‘Seeing Beyond’ is “Meaningful places”. Photographers are asked to look past the ordinary and the “everyday” to capture extraordinary aspects of the world we live in, by documenting the importance of one or several places that bear significance to each other.
The award is free to enter and will be judged by the following industry experts:
- Jürgen Schadeberg Dr.(h.c.) – Photographer
- Claire Richardson – Picture Editor, Lonely Planet Traveller
- Sarah Toplis – Commissioning Executive, The Space
- One winning photographer will be awarded with €12,000 worth of ZEISS lenses, €3,000 travel expenses to complete a dream photography project in the location of their choice plus a trip to London to attend the 2017 Sony World Photography Awards ceremony to recieve their prize.
For More Information: