Application Deadline: 12 August 2022
To mark the fourth anniversary of Securing Our Common Future, the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs is launching the Pitching Peace Youth Music Challenge, inviting young people to express their passion for peace through music.
With financial support from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of= Korea, the #Youth4Disarmament initiative invites young people, aged 13-29, to share what disarmament means to them and their communities by creating their own music.
The original scores should also reflect one of the four pillars of the Secretary-General’s Agenda for Disarmament for inspiration:
- Disarmament to save humanity,
- Disarmament to save lives,
- Disarmament for future generations,
- Strengthening Partnerships for Disarmament.
- Submissions will be judged on musical technique, creativity, innovation, theme, performance, and overall impression.
- Entries must be original and will be judged in the following age categories; 13-18 (middle & high school), 19 to 24 years (college & graduate school) and 25 to 29 years (early career professionals).
- A panel of distinguished judges will select three winners from each group.
- Winners will receive a token grant, ranging from $500 (first-place), $250 (second-place) and $100 (third-place), and will be invited to perform at a special congratulatory event during the seventy-seventh session of the United Nations General Assembly First Committee.
Submissions can be from any genre of music and can be performed in all languages.
Entrants are encouraged to perform in their native language and should provide a transcript if lyrics are used.
The challenge will close for submissions on 12 August 2022, International Youth Day, and the winners will be announced on 21 September 2022, International Day of Peace.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the #Youth4Disarmament Pitching Peace Youth Music Challenge 2022