ResilientAfrica Network (RAN) is pleased to announce the 2nd edition of the MKITSs Challenge. RAN are calling for educational, inspiring Videos, artworks, graphics and photographs through the MKITSs challenge. Thematically, submissions can beaddress any solutions that target addressing community challenges which may include innovative approaches or technological innovations addressing effects of climate change and climate variability manifesting as floods, landslides, drought, disease epidemics including HIV and AIDS, food insecurity, environmental protection, livelihood diversification, financial inclusion, entrepreneurial activities, sustainable development, rapid urbanization and the associated effects, water and sanitation among others and many more areas.
Submissions could portray or illustrate innovation, economic potential, cultural wealth, and use of indigenous knowledge in a creative and non-stereotypical way. Individuals/Teams may submit as many photos and videos to either category.
The best 2 winners from each of RAN’s 4 Resilience Innovation Labs will be awarded prizes;
- Southern Africa Resilience innovation Lab (Best Video and Photo) http://www.sarilab.ranlab.org/
- Eastern Africa Resilience Innovation Lab (Best Video and Photo) http://earilab.ranlab.org/
- Horn of Africa Resilience Innovation Lab (Best Video and Photo)http://hoarilab.ranlab.org/
- West Africa Resilience Innovation Lab (Best Video and Photo)http://www.warilab.org/
Please register and submit your video or Photo through this link.
The MKITSs challenge has two categories
Category 1: Video Contest
Technical specifications suggestions:
- Video length: 3 – 5 Minutes.
- Video size: any size, as long as it fits within the first stipulation.
Submitting the Video:
For simplicity, we suggest you upload this video or multimedia presentation to Vimeo or YouTube and submit the link. However, we will accept any link which we can access. If your link is password-protected, please share it with us at the time of submission.
Category 2: Photo Contest
As the saying goes, “A picture is worth a thousand words”. Help us tell the story of your project, your activities and community engagement, your accomplishments in transformingimproving the lives of the population in the communities with a photo.
- Please send us the highest resolution version of the photo you have. High quality JPG and JPEG. Picture resolution: should be 2MP [1,600 x 1,200] or better.Photos must each be an original submission. Photos must each include a credit: name of photographer and organizational affiliation (where if applicable). Photos must each include a unique caption, which includes a description of what is going on in the photo, who is involved, where it was taken, and the challenge you are solving. Generally Photos should “tell the story and tell it loud”.
Submitting the photo: For simplicity, submit your photoon the online registration form.(via the link http://www.ranlab.org)
- The overall winners will receive Prizes and will be highly profiled on RAN’s portals, Partner bulletins and recognized during the Ppublic Awards ceremony to be held in the Makerere University RAN Innovation Lab in Kampala Uganda www.ranlab.org. launch of RAN’s MKITs as documentation and learning tools.
- Awards will be made to top submissions in the Video and Photo categories.
- This is an excellent opportunity to get exposure for you and your idea, build support for your project, receive technical feedback, and to practice your documentation skills.
Ran will choose and award winners from the 4 Resilience Innovation Labs’ semi-finalists.
- Best Video: 1st and prizes, 2nd, prizes will be awarded for Best Video.
- Best Photo: 1st and, 2nd, prizes will be awarded for Best Photograph.
For More Information: