Application Deadline: March 10th 2014
In collaboration with the Open Society Institute for West Africa (OSIWA), Transparency International is launching a Social Entrepreneurs Initiative (SEI) for West Africa. The initiative aims to support innovative ideas from young people to boost transparency, accountability and the fight corruption in their communities.
- Participants between the ages of 18 and 35 can apply.
- Participants based in West Africa and from one of the following countries are eligible: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
- The proposed projects must have direct impact in at least one of these countries.
- Projects should reflect the themes of the Global Corruption Report: Education, and support activities that empower young people to develop change-maker skills such as entrepreneurship, teamwork, and leadership.
- Applications must be in English, French or Portuguese.
- Awards – a total of three, each worth $3000 cash
- The winners will be sponsored to participate in the International Anti-Corruption Conference to be held in Tunisia in October 2014
- The individuals behind the winning projects will join the SEI network, with each of the projects featured on the IACC SEI page
- Application deadline – 10 March 2014.
Completed documents should be sent in one email package to the following address; [email protected], indicating “SEI-WA Competition” in the subject title.
For More Information: