- The Event is open to individuals 17 years of age or older at the time of registration and individuals must be enrolled in a university study program at time of entry.
- In order to participate, teams must be comprised of at least 3 and no more than 5 current university students.
- Universities may enter multiple teams.
- Teams may be comprised of students from different universities.
How it works
- Teams of 3-5 will have until December 1, 2015 at 12:00AM PST to work through the TFF Design Lab, craft their idea and create a compelling pitch.
- Next, Ten Finalist teams will be selected to move on to Round 2 where they will receive an all expense paid trip to the TFF Summit (Early Spring 2016) and participate in the intensive TFF Startup Bootcamp.
- One Grand Prize of $10,000 and one Runner Up prize of $5,000 will be awarded at the TFF Summit.
One Grand Prize winning team will receive a $10,000 grant for their project
One Runner Up team will receive a $5,000 grant for their project
All participating teams get access to the TFF Design Lab and professional mentors representing a variety of fields of expertise.
Travel + Bootcamp
The 10 Finalist teams will receive a trip to a fantastic destination, where they will take part in a custom program to acquire skills and tools that will propel their projects to the next level.
Finalists will represent their university at the TFF Summit and pitch their ideas to a top-caliber judging panel.
All teams become part of the amazing TFF community of friends and supporters. They also have the chance for their ideas to gain worldwide attention by being profiled in our TFF video productions and by other media.
Ready to uproot the status quo? Join us at www.tffchallenge.com
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Thought for food Challenge
[…] The Thought For Food (TFF) Global Challenge is the world’s leading competition for food and agriculture, calling on young innovators at universities around the world to develop new business solutions that tackle the complex challenges surrounding how to feed and nourish 9+ billion people by 2050. This year, there are $25,000 in cash prizes up for grabs as well as extensive in-kind support. […]