Home Algeria 2015/16 Thought For Food Challenge for Breakthrough Food Security Projects ($USD 10,000...
Submission Deadline: December 1st 2015
The 2015/16 Thought For Food Challenge calls on the world’s best and brightest university students to form teams and develop breakthrough projects that address the global challenge of feeding 9 billion people by 2050.In return, we provide a platform for you to shine, cutting-edge learning tools and resources, world-class mentorship from rockstar experts, innovators and entrepreneurs, the chance to win a trip to the inspirational TFF Global Summit as well as significant funding for your project.
You’ll also join a growing global movement, comprised of friends and supporters who share your passion to make the world a better place.
- The Event is open to individuals 17 years of age or older at the time of registration and individuals must be enrolled in a university study program at time of entry.
- In order to participate, teams must be comprised of at least 3 and no more than 5 current university students.
- Universities may enter multiple teams.
- Teams may be comprised of students from different universities.
How it works
- Teams of 3-5 will have until December 1, 2015 at 12:00AM PST to work through the TFF Design Lab, craft their idea and create a compelling pitch.
- Next, Ten Finalist teams will be selected to move on to Round 2 where they will receive an all expense paid trip to the TFF Summit (Early Spring 2016) and participate in the intensive TFF Startup Bootcamp.
- One Grand Prize of $10,000 and one Runner Up prize of $5,000 will be awarded at the TFF Summit.
One Grand Prize winning team will receive a $10,000 grant for their project
One Runner Up team will receive a $5,000 grant for their project
All participating teams get access to the TFF Design Lab and professional mentors representing a variety of fields of expertise.
Travel + Bootcamp
The 10 Finalist teams will receive a trip to a fantastic destination, where they will take part in a custom program to acquire skills and tools that will propel their projects to the next level.
Finalists will represent their university at the TFF Summit and pitch their ideas to a top-caliber judging panel.
error: Content is protected !!