Application Deadline: Monday, April 3 2017 at 16:00 UTC!
Google Summer of Code is designed to encourage student participation in open source development. The goals of the program are to:
● Inspire developers to begin participating in open source development
● Provide students in Computer Science and related fields the opportunity to do work related to their academic pursuits
● Give students exposure to realworld software development scenarios(e.g., version control practices, software licensing questions, mailing list etiquette, etc.)
● Create more open source code for the benefit of all
● Help open source projects bring in new developers and committers
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must currently be a full or part-time student (or have been accepted for the fall term) at an accredited university as of the student acceptance date
- You must be eligible to work in the country you will reside in during the program
- You have not already been accepted as a Student in GSoC more than once
- You must reside in a country that is not currently embargoed by the United States
- Successful student contributors are given a 6,000 USD stipend, enabling them to focus on their coding projects for three months.
- In 2017, we are using a Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) based calculation to determine the stipend. We start with a base amount of 6000 USD and then adjust it based on each country’s PPP value. There is a minimum (2400 USD) and maximum (6600 USD) stipend amount.
For More Information: