Application Deadline: November 30th 2016
The Thought For Food (TFF) Global Challenge is the world’s leading competition for food and agriculture, calling on young innovators at universities around the world to develop new business solutions that tackle the complex challenges surrounding how to feed and nourish 9+ billion people by 2050. This year, there are $25,000 in cash prizes up for grabs as well as extensive in-kind support.
Thought For Food is a movement dedicated to tackling the global challenge of feeding 9 billion people through bold, breakthrough solutions generated by the world’s best and brightest university students.
- University students (undergraduate, graduate, masters or PhD) from any country and any age group who are enrolled in a degree-seeking program at an accredited university are eligible to participate in the TFF Challenge.
- Once signed up, students have until January 8, 2017 to finalize their teams of 3-5 students and complete Round 1 of the Challenge.
- During Round 1, they will have access to mentors and tools such as the TFF Design Thinking Lab to help them develop their breakthrough ideas.
- In late January 2017, 10 Finalist teams will be selected to move on to Round 2 and participate in the TFF start-up bootcamp and pitch training.
- They will also win a trip to attend the epic TFF Global Summit, where they will pitch their ideas for a shot at seed funding ($25,000 in cash prizes) as well as extensive in-kind support!
10 Finalist teams will be chosen at the end of Round 1 to move on to Round 2. These 10 teams will receive 10 weeks of Pre-Accelerator business training, and travel and accommodation to attend the TFF Bootcamp and TFF Global Summit in Spring, 2017.
At the TFF Summit, one Grand Prize winning team will be chosen to receive $10,000 USD, and one Runner Up team will be chosen to receive $7,500 USD. The team most qualified for an investment will be awarded the Kirchner Food Fellows Prize worth $5,000 USD, and the Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture will award $2,500 to the team that has a strong impact directly on farmers.
For More Information: