Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
This year, Paradigm Initiative is celebrating its 15 anniversary in a dual event that will bring together Partners, Friends of PIN, Alumni, Volunteers, PIN Team members, and inclusion stakeholders. These events are [email protected] in Lagos, Nigeria, on July 23rd, 2022, to commemorate PIN’s milestone, and The PIN Festival (PINFest) in Harare, Zimbabwe, on October 10th – 14th, 2022.
As part of activities to commemorate this day. Paradigm Initiative is organising an Essay/Debate Competition for young and outstanding African youth between 18-20 years with passion and drive for digital rights and inclusion in the continent who want to make their voices heard.
Paradigm Initiative works to connect underserved young Africans with digital opportunities, and ensures protection of their rights.
Essay Topic: Are Social and cultural norms in Africa impeding the realization of digital rights and inclusion?
- Participants must be between the ages of 18 and 25
- The competition is open to only Africans who currently reside in Africa.
- The essay should not be more than 1500 words.
– Argumentative Essay: Share an essay of not more than 1500 words on the topic: Are the Social and cultural norms in Africa impeding the realization of digital rights and inclusion ?.
– In the essay, take a stand for either FOR or AGAINST.
– A total of 8 candidates will be selected and divided into two groups of 4 each ( FOR and AGAINST ) to prepare for the virtual debate via zoom on Thursday, July 20th, 2022.
– Debate winners will be announced during PIN Anniversary Dinner on Saturday, July 23rd, 2022.
– 4 outstanding candidates will be selected, two from each team, to compete at the grand finale.
3rd Round / Finale
– The debate finalists will win an all-expenses paid trip to Zimbabwe and a laptop set at the PIN Festival slated on October 10th – 14th.
- An all-expenses paid trip to Zimbabwe
- Laptop set at the PIN Festival and many more.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the PIN Essay/Debate Competition on Digital Rights and Inclusion