Submission Deadline: Monday, April 25, 2016 11:59PM EDT.
IREX Make a Better World Photo Contest 2016
You can now submit applications for the IREX’s 5th annual Photo Contest! Enter now for a chance to win cash prizes totaling over $1,000. IREX is an international nonprofit development organization that supports educators, journalists, and community leaders in 125+ countries.
IREX encourage you to submit your best images of scenes and individuals around the world that demonstrate one or more of four theme categories:
1. Empowering Youth – Photos should demonstrate how youth, as active community leaders and informed citizens, represent opportunity for the future and positive change.
2. Cultivating Leaders – Photos should explore how diverse leaders strive to serve others and drive change at every level of society.
3. Strengthening Institutions – Photos should demonstrate how institutions build just, prosperous societies through community engagement, accountability, and responsive governance.
4. Extending Access to Quality Education and Information – Photos should explore how independent media, quality education, and new technologies increase access to information and contribute to civic engagement in communities.
- Entry is open to professional and amateur photographers of all levels who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry, regardless of residence or citizenship, provided the laws of the applicable jurisdiction permit participation.
- Current IREX directors, officers, employees, contractors and volunteers, and members of their immediate families, are not eligible to participate.
- There are a total of five prize categories.
- One winner and up to five honorable mentions will be selected for each category.
- Selected finalists from each contestant category may at the Organizer’s discretion receive additional noncash prizes with a total approximate retail value of $15 (USD).
- All winners and their photo entries will be featured on IREX’s website, social media, and email newsletter. By submitting an entry, each Contestant specifically agrees to this condition.
|Category||Prize in USD|
|Best of Empowering Youth Category||$250.00|
|Best of Cultivating Leaders Category||$250.00|
|Best of Strengthening Institutions Category||$250.00|
|Best of Extending Access to Quality Education and Information Category||$250.00|
|People’s Choice Category||$250.00|
The odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Winners will be responsible for reporting any winnings to authorities as required by law and paying any taxes they may owe on any prize received. No prize transfer, assignment or substitution by winners is permitted.
How to enter
- Submit no more than (5) photographs per person.
- Organizer will not accept more than one entry contestant per email address.
- Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any contestant or entry that violates the Official Rules or tampers with or abuses any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Organizer. Incomplete or late entries will be disqualified
For More Information: