Application De: 9 February 2015 10.00
- Enter this competition and win a 15 inch MacBook Pro.
- Are you currently studying for or have you completed a PhD degree?
- Do you want to tell the world why your research is important?
Whom: Open to PhD students worldwide
The #ShareMyThesis competition challenges PhD students past and present to summarise why your PhD research is important in 140 characters or less. The competition is open worldwide and to entries from all subject areas.
First, tweet why your PhD research is important using the hashtag #ShareMyThesis. Your tweet should convey why your research is important (not just what your research is about). Make sure your tweet is self-contained and understandable to a non-specialist.
Tweets must be received by 9 February 2015 at 10.00. Our judging panel will then select the top eight tweets.
Next, the eight shortlisted entrants will be asked to write a short article (up to 600 words) elaborating on your tweet and explaining why your PhD research is important. Full details can be found here.
The judging panel will select a winner and two runners up by 20 March 2015.
The winner will receive a 15-inch MacBook pro. Second prize is an iPad and third prize a £200 Amazon voucher.
The judging panel includes:
- Iain Cameron – Head of Research Careers and Diversity, Research Councils UK
- Alison Mitchell – Director, Vitae
- Maja Maricevic – Head of Higher Education, British Library
For More Information: