Application Deadline: Monday 30 June 2014.
School students are now invited to write an essay of between 1,000 to 2,500 words, on the subjects below, set by the RES judging panel, calling on key elements of their A Level or International Baccalaureate courses, examples from the world around them and imaginative discussion.
The essay topics for 2014 are:
1.Promoting growth and fighting poverty should be the priority in the developing world, not reducing greenhouse gases. Do you agree?
2. Should childcare costs be deductible against tax for working mothers?
3. HS2 will blight the countryside and just lead even more businesses to locate in London. Discuss.
4. Are the advanced economies in for a long period of economic stagnation?
5. Is independence consistent with Scotland keeping the pound?
6. Does immigrant labour benefit or impoverish the United Kingdom?
For More Information and Application Procedure: