Submission Deadline: July 18 2014
The contest seeks photographs of individuals and scenes representing the IREX tagline “Make a Better World” around the world in one or more of IREX’s categories, as explained on the main photocontest page.
IREX’s 3rd annual Make a Better World Photo Contest! Enter now for a chance to win cash prizes totaling over $1,000. We encourage you to submit your best images of scenes and individuals around the world that reflect IREX’s tagline, “Make a Better World.” Photos should demonstrate one or more of three theme categories:
1. Strengthening Democracy & Governance – Photos should explore how citizens mobilize to increase civic engagement, encourage a strong civil society, and address issues related to good governance, conflict, gender, etc.
3. Expanding Opportunities Through Technology – Photos should explore how technology helps citizens gain access to news, information, and education, while increasing livelihood and economic development.
There are five prizes total. A panel of international development and photography experts will choose the winners for the Grand Prize ($500) and Best of Category ($250, threetotal). The People’s Choice will be decided by IREX’s fans on Facebook. IREX may also select up to five honorable mention finalists. Winners will be announced no later than August 15, 2014.
- Grand Prize – $500
- Best of Category 1 – $250
- Best of Category 2 – $250
- Best of Category 3 – $250
- People’s Choice – $250
How to Enter:
Entry is free and open to all. Please review the contest rules before submitting.
• Entries are limited to 5 photos per person.
• Entrants may only win one prize.
• All entries must be in digital format and at the highest resolution possible in a .jpeg, .jpg, or .png format. Files submitted may not be larger than 10 megabytes.
• All entrants must hold exclusive rights to the photographs they submit and by entering are claiming such ownership.
• By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to IREX, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries.
For More Information: