Application Deadline: July 9, 2017
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation ACP-EU (CTA), in collaboration with African Agribusiness Incubators Network (AAIN), Agribusiness TV and innovation spaces including Orange Fab Côte d’Ivoire, Wennovation Hub (Nigeria), EcoHub (Togo), Etrilabs (Benin), Suguba (Mali), CTIC Dakar (Senegal), is launching the Pitch AgriHack West Africa 2017, in the framework of its AgriHack Talent Programme. This edition follows the successful organisation of the pilot edition Pitch AgriHack 2016.
Pitch AgriHack West Africa 2017 is open for young ICT start-ups from the West African region offering services to the agriculture sector. The entrepreneurs should be owners of an already developed e-agriculture/ICT4Ag application or platform.
Pitch AgriHack will:
- provide a business training boot camp to selected start-ups
- conduct a pitching competition
- offer grants and facilitate access to investments, additional capacity building and promotional opportunities.
Two categories are available:
- Early stage platform
This is for e-agriculture applications and platforms that have already been developed but still need software or business model improvements. Participants must be able to demonstrate the business potential and functional features of their applications or platforms.
- Advanced platform
This category is for e-agriculture applications and platforms that are already in operation and generating revenues.
Winning teams will receive from CTA a cash prize of up to €15,000, as well as promotional support, additional capacity building and networking opportunities. They may also benefit from investments from supporters of Pitch AgriHack.
Start-ups will provide details on problems addressed, the technical solution proposed, key metrics, customer segments targeted, unique value proposition compared with the competition, cost structure, revenue streams and other business strategy inputs. They will also demonstrate that they are incorporated or are already about to close this process. Starts-ups may register directly or be nominated to enter Pitch AgriHack.
Applications will be screened by teams of business experts and investors.
- Launch of registration and nomination: check Get Involved
- Deadline for registration and nomination: 09 July 2017
- Announcement of selected finalist start-ups which will take part in the boot camp and pitching physical event: by 04 August 2017
- Boot camp and pitching events: 03 to 08 September 2017 In Côte d’Ivoire
For More Information: