Natural Light – International Design Competition was launched by Little Sun and the VELUX Group to challenge students to push boundaries, share dreams and imagine future solutions for providing people all over the world with sustainable energy and light.
Initiated as part of VKR Holding’s upcoming 75th anniversary, the competition celebrates natural light as an affordable and sustainable solution to essential global challenges, while promoting innovation, creativity and technology for a greater purpose.
Natural Light – International Design Competition invites design students from around the world to produce a design for a special edition solar lamp for the VELUX Group and Little Sun in honor of VKR’s 75th anniversary. The winning design will address the need for light, particularly in off-grid African regions, and will be powered by Little Sun’s proven high standard of technology.
Who can participate?
Natural Light – International Design Competition is open to students of design who are enrolled at recognized institutions across the globe that offer Bachelor-degree-level courses as a minimum. There is no limit to the number of entries from each school.
- Each contestant can only participate once (either individually or as part of a team)
- Participants must submit proof of university enrollment if requested
- No prize alternatives or cash equivalents will be offered
- Prizes are non-transferable
- All students must provide submissions that they have produced themselves only
- All students must provide personal information that is both truthful and accurate
The winner of the competition will be announced in May 2015.
- The winning project will be produced in connection with the VKR 75th Anniversary. 14,500 of the lamps will be distributed to Africa, using local entrepreneurial networks and thereby creating employment opportunities and growing communities.
- From all submissions to Capture the Sun!, three winners will be selected through public voting each month. The monthly winners are awarded a prize in the form a Little Sun solar lamp and a Little Sun tote bag filled with Little Sun goodies.
For More Information: