Deadline 1 February 2016, 11:59 p.m. last time zone (UTC-12)
Compete for the St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award and qualify for participation as a «Leader of Tomorrow» in the world’s premier opportunity for intergenerational debates: The St. Gallen Symposium.
- Join the debate with 600 top global leaders and decision makers
- Share your thoughts, ideas and visions with the global elite
- Expenses for travel, board and lodging covered, travel service provided
- Meet 200 of the world’s brightest young minds
- Small and intimate gatherings with world leaders, exclusively for the Leaders of Tomorrow
- CHF 20,000.– prize money shared by the three winners
- Broad media coverage
- Become member of a truly unique and strong global community
To be eligible, you must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a graduate or postgraduate program (master level or higher) in any field of study at a regular university
- Born in 1986 or later
Make sure you can provide the following documents:
- Copy of passport or other identification (in English for non-Roman languages)
- Confirmation of matriculation/enrolment from your university which proves your enrolment in a graduate/postgraduate level programme as of 1 February 2016 (download sample document here)
- Your contribution file with no indication of your name in the file name, the file metadata or the file itself
Your essay must answer the following question: What are alternatives to economic growth? Leaders of Tomorrow have expressed scepticism towards economic growth as it stands today. The Symposium challenge you to develop your alternative guidelines to the concept of growth. Present your own idea to convince the jury. The Symposium expect a professional, creative and thought-provoking essay. Be bold and unconventional!
- Form: Essay (max. 2,100 words)
- Language : English
- Anonymity : Your name must not be mentioned anywhere in the contribution fil
- Individuality : Individual work expected, no group work allowed. The essay must be written exclusively for this contest
- Citation : All sources must be cited and referred to the respective part in the essay.
- If the jury selects your essay in the top 100, you qualify as a Leader of Tomorrow for an expenses-covered participation in the 46th St. Gallen Symposium (11–13 May 2016). The results will be announced via e-mail by mid-March 2016.
- You qualify as a semi-finalist to compete for the prestigious St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award 2016 if the jury selects your essay for the top 20. You will be asked mid-March to pitch the essence of your essay in a 3-minute video presentation.
- The jury selects the three award winners based on both the quality of the essay and the performance on stage.
The award is endowed with a total prize money of CHF 20,000.
For More Information: