Submission Deadline: March 25th 2015 at 12:00 PM ET / 16:00 GMT.
Microsoft YouthSpark is a companywide initiative to create opportunities for 300 million youth around the world over the next three years.
Have an idea for solving a social problem in your community? Enter the YouthSpark Challenge for Change by March 25th and you could win big.
The Microsoft YouthSpark Challenge for Change is a chance for you to share how you spark change in your world, or how you want to! Whether you are already creating change in your school or community, or if you are ready to start, Microsoft wants to hear from you!
Sparking change can be big or small, and everyone starts somewhere. It can be volunteering as a tutor or mentor to a young person; organizing a local food collection; developing an app or a game to address a community issue; participating in community events; speaking out for a cause the student cares about; or even starting an organization to support a favorite cause – no idea is too big or too small
- Open to individuals 13 to 25 years of age at time of entry (except must be 14 to 25 in Korea and Spain, and 16 to 25 in the Netherlands).
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
• Responses to questions must be in text format;
• Title of Entry must not exceed fifteen (15) words.
• Response to each question can be no longer than 150 words;
• Responses and Title must be in English for English speaking judges;
• Photo must be of the entrant and must be in .jpg, .gif, or .png format;
• Photo must be no larger than 1MB in size;
• Photo must have been taken within previous 12 months;
• Photo cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion that would interfere with the rights requested by the Sponsor in this Contest.
• Photo must not include trademarks, copyrighted materials or any images not owned by Entrant without written permission, which must be provided upon request
Microsoft is awarding exciting prizes to help you do more good. And, this year, the Challenge has been extended to 13 to 17 year olds! 15 finalists from each age group (13-17 and 18-25) will win a Surface Pro 3 with Office 365*.
5 grand prize winners from each age group will win:
An amazing leadership-development trip to Nicaragua to learn about creating change
$2,500 cash to help turn their ideas into a reality
A Windows Phone*
The opportunity to serve as a YouthSpark Advocate.
How to Enter:
- Enter your contact details.
- Answer a few short questions about your idea.
- Upload a photo.
- If you’re one of the 30 finalists chosen by the judges, you’ll move on to the next round, where you’ll create a short video about your idea.
- Then the voting then is open to public voting to select the grand prize winners.