Application Deadline: February 15 2015
The Schmidt-MacArthur Fellowship is an international fellowship programme for postgraduate students and their university tutors on creative and innovative thinking around the circular economy. The programme takes a multi-disciplinary approach with input across design, engineering and business. It is developed and run in partnership with a Core Team of three leading UK academic institutions – Cranfield University, Imperial College London and London Business School.
An amazing opportunity for one student from any university in the world to win a place, worth GBP £10,000 on the exclusive Schmidt-MacArthur Fellowship Programme for both themselves and their faculty mentor.
- A postgraduate student studying either design, engineering or business?
- Interested in the circular economy as an innovation framework for positive change?
- Keen to be a part of the opportunities available in the transition to a circular economy?
Schmidt-MacArthur are looking for an exceptional student to join 15 other students from leading universities including MIT, Yale University, Stanford University, Imperial College London and London Business School, in the 2015 Fellowship Programme
What is the prize?
- All expenses paid week long summer school in London, in the UK.
- A GB£ 2000 financial bursary.
- Access to the latest thinking, thought leaders and experts in the circular economy, including Biomimicry pioneer Janine Benyus, Performance Economy advocate, Walter Stahel and Cradle-to-Cradle founder Bill McDonough.
- Networking with leading businesses and emerging innovators including Unilever, Kingfisher, Philips, The Coca Cola Company, IBM, M&S and Ikea, who are all working to adopt the circular economy as a part of their core business.
- The opportunity for your faculty mentor to take part in this exclusive programme and network with top academics from leading universities around the world, as well as receive a GB£ 2000 ($3200) honorarium.
How to enter
There are three parts to submitting a valid Wild Card Competition application:
1) Obtain a confirmation letter signed by you and your university mentor
2) Film a 90 second video with your answer to this year’s competition task (detailed in the competition brief document)
3) Complete the online form (link also provided in the competition brief document)
For More Information: