Submission Deadline: May 13, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. GMT:
What: five total grants of $10,000 each to photojournalists pursuing projects of personal and journalistic significance.
Since its launch in 2004, the Grants for Editorial Photography celebrate and support independent photojournalism, evidenced by the many dynamic and compelling projects completed over the years.
- Applicants must be presently engaged as a professional photojournalist. A professional photojournalist,for the purposes of the Getty Images Grants for Editorial Photography, is one who derives the majority of his or her income from documenting issues and events through still photography.
- Applicants may apply as individuals or teams.
- Getty Images employees may not apply.
- Contributors to Getty Images who are not employees are eligible
- Grants will be awarded by independent judges, each selected by Getty Images for his or herexpertise and industry experience.
- Selection will be based on judges’ determination of applicant’s ability to execute the submitted project with compelling visual narrative in documentary feature format, taking into account the caliber of portfolio, project merit and professional ability.
Before you begin to register and apply please prepare the following:
- A proposal mapping out the scope and purpose of your project in 500 words or less.
- A bio, maximum 500 words.
- 20-25 portfolio images, sized to 3000 pixels at the longest dimension, 300 dpi, saved as JPG with standard compression no lower than 8 on the JPG scale.