Application Deadline: April 20th 2018
The BraunPrize competition invites design schools, Students and Young Talents to enter innovative product ideas and concepts that really matter.
The BraunPrize 2018 theme is: “Design for what matters” The product concepts submitted should represent innovations in design, technology, sustainability and user experiences. The conceptual designs should be developed with user needs in mind. Concepts can address global problems or find simple, ingenious solutions for daily routines.
- The BraunPrize competition is pleased to welcome all global submissions from entrants that are 18 years of age or older.
- Entries will be separated into two categories and judged individually:
- Student: product concepts from students who are still studying or (for recent graduates) which were created during the time of study
- Young Talent: product concepts from young designers who have graduated within the last 5 years
- Entries must be product design and/or product interaction concepts that are not yet on the market or in production.
- The focus of the BraunPrize is on product design. Software, interaction or media design will be considered as an integral part of an overall product concept (hardware and software).
- There is no fee for participation. Submissions from all countries will be considered. Several projects can be submitted per person. However, every concept can only be registered once.
The total prize money for both categories is $75,000 USD. In addition to the cash prizes, all award winners will receive a trophy and a certificate.The best entries will also be presented in the BraunPrize exhibition and made public in the international press and online.
- 2x $15,000 USD Gold Award Student and Young Talent
2x $10,000 USD Silver Award Student and Young Talent
2x $5,000 USD Bronze Award Student and Young Talent
2x $5,000 USD Sustainability Award Student and Young Talent
$5,000 USD Special mentions (distribution at the discretion of the jury)
Internship Chance of an internship at the Braun Design department
To celebrate two anniversaries of the BraunPrize in 2018 – the twentieth award and fifty years of the competition – Braun will offer, in addition to the cash prizes, entrants in the Students category the chance of an internship* at the Braun Design department. (* as soon all P&G requirements are met)
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the BraunPrize 2018 International Competition for Product Design Concepts