Application Deadline: 1st of December 2014 at 23:00 GMT.
The Reach Cambridge scholarship essay competition is designed for academically excellent high school students who would otherwise not be able to attend our summer programs.
The essay question for this year’s scholarship competition is:
“In an age of quick & easy global communication, what is the value of face-to-face interaction and learning with other school students from all over the world?”
To craft a good essay requires careful argumentation, clear structure and personality. It is these characteristics that we will look for in judging applicants’ essays. We will also take into account the letter of recommendation supplied by your school.
3 week scholarship prize (awarded to a maximum of 2 students): 100% of the program fee for either our 3 week July or our 3 week August course in 2015.
1 week scholarship prize (awarded to a maximum of 3 students): 100% of the program fee for our 1 week Global Leaders course in 2015.
How do I enter?
In order to enter the competition, follow these simple steps to complete a full application by the 1st of December 2014:
- Follow the link below to set up a Reach Cambridge account
- From your main account page, select the “Scholarship” tab on the left
- Copy your essay into the box provided (it should be no longer than 1000 words). Answer all other questions on the page.
- A letter of recommendation from a member of staff at your school must be sent to [email protected] directly, using an official school email address. This should be written on headed paper, and should outline why you are a good candidate for the scholarship: it should tell us what makes you academically excellent, and it should give us some indication of your financial circumstances. It must include contact details for the member of staff so that we can contact them for further information if necessary.
- You must also complete the School Transcript, Signature, Parent Info, and School Info sections of your account.
Submit Your Essay for the Reach Cambridge Scholarship
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Reach Cambridge scholarship essay competition for High School Students