Application Deadline: 31 MARCH 2015
This CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme provides students/scholars that are non-Chinese citizens an opportunity to pursue PhD degree studies at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or Institutes of CAS around China.
- 01-Agricultural Sciences
- 02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- 03-Biological Systems and Organisms
- 04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- 05-Chemical Sciences
- 06-Engineering Sciences
- 07-Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- 08-Mathematical Sciences
- Be maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2015;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
- Not hold Chinese citizenship;
Applicants for PhD study should also:
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of UCAS/USTC (http://english.ucas.ac.cn/Admissions/Pages/Article.aspx?ID=78 or http://en.ustc.edu.cn/admissions/international_students/).
- Hold a master degree before the beginning of the fall semester: 1 September, 2015.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to their home country on completion of their studies in China according to CAS-TWAS agreement.
- Provide proof of knowledge of English or Chinese language.
- Under the terms of the CAS-TWAS agreement, travel from their home countries to China will be provided to the fellowship awardees in order to begin the fellowship in China (one trip only per student/scholar).
- TWAS will select 80 awardees from developing countries to support their international travel, while CAS will support the other 120 including 60 from developed countries.
- Any awardee on site in China, the host country, at the time of application will NOT be eligible for any travel reimbursement. Visa fee will also be covered (once only per student/scholar).
- Fellowship awardees will receive a monthly stipend (to cover accommodation and other living expenses, local travel expenses and health insurance) of RMB 7,000 or RMB 8,000 from CAS through UCAS/USTC, depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by UCAS/USTC for all PhD candidates after admission.
- All awardees will also be provided tuition and admission fee waivers.
For More Information: