Submission Deadline: May 15 2015.
The 2015 BN Poetry Award is open for entries. Founded in 2008, the BN Poetry Award was initially set-up to provide a platform for women poets in Uganda. In 2013, it extended its remit to include all African poets living anywhere in the world, male and female – writers either born on the continent, citizens of an African country or with either one or both parents that are African citizens.
- It is open to ALL African poets (living anywhere in the world), who will not have published (including self-publishing), a full-length collection of poetry by May 2015. By African we mean either born on the continent, citizen of an African country or with either one or both parents as citizens of an African country
- Submissions should be previously unpublished, in English and not more than 40 lines each. Submit using Times New Roman, single-spaced and size 12. Local languages are accepted only if English translations are sent alongside them
- Send a maximum of three poems and a minimum of one poem to [email protected] as a word attachment. Include the poem’s title on the poem but DO NOT include your name or contact details on the poem itself
- The subject line should read, “BNPA 2015”
- Include your name, email address, country or birth and country of permanent residence, telephone number and the titles of your poems in the body of the email
- There is no theme, be as inventive and original as possible
- The long-list will be announced by July 2015
- For more details or for any inquiries, email [email protected]
- The best ten entries will receive dedicated poetry mentorship, publication of their work and the opportunity to participate in various literary festivals.
- In addition to this, the overall winner will also receive $1000 prize money.
For More Information: