Application Deadline: June 19 2015
Round Three Application: December 1st 2015
All applicants for participating in the workshops and community awareness activities:
The World Youth Alliance Middle East has received a grant of 200,000 USD from the United Nations Democracy Fund for a project to train young leaders in five Arab countries. The project is entitled the Emerging Leaders of the Arab Region, with the objective to build the capacity of potential young Arab Leaders.
The project seeks to direct the energy and potential of youth in 5 Arab states towards constructively building free, just, and democratic societies. It will connect and build the capacities of 620 youths on the main topics of the project.
Throughout the 2 years, the project will consist of training of trainers, 2 Arab forums, 40 national workshops, and 80 community activities across the 5 countries: Lebanon, Jordan, UAE, Morocco and Tunisia.
The project is evolved around 3 main topics:
- Human dignity and human rights
- Freedom and democracy
- Civic engagement and leadership skills
- The project “Emerging Leaders of the Arab Region” will only require participants for the TOT to pay the expenses of their visa to Lebanon.
- UNDEF will provide the flight, accommodation and transportation of the 20 participants for the TOT and the 2 Arab Forums.
- The other participants will not be required to leave their country since the workshops are on the national level
How to Apply
Over the span of 2 years, the project will build the capacities of 20 young opinion shapers through the Training of Trainers (TOT) to train 600 youth leaders through workshops, community awareness activities and 12,000 hours of volunteering.
Application Requirements for Participants
- Completed application form
- Resumé or Curriculum Vitae
If you are between the age of 15 and 29 and want to be a participant in the workshops and community awareness activities click here.
The required documents are to be sent to : [email protected] with the Subject: Participants.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the WYA Emerging Leaders Programmme