Application Deadline: 2 June 2017.
The 2017 WTO Essay Award aims to promote high-quality research on trade policy and international trade co-operation and to reinforce the relationship between the WTO and the academic community. Essays must be submitted by 2 June 2017.
The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay. In the case of a co-authored paper, the prize will be equally divided among the authors. The winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG), which is the largest conference specializing in international trade. The award ceremony will take place in September 2017 in Florence, Italy. The winning author(s) will receive funding to attend the meeting.
- The paper must address issues related to trade policy and international trade co-operation.
- The author(s) of the paper must possess or be engaged in the completion of a PhD degree and, if over 30 years of age, be no more than two years past a PhD defence. In the case of co-authored papers, this requirement shall apply to all authors. In addition, to be considered for the award, essays cannot exceed 15,000 words
An Academic Selection Panel is responsible for the selection of the winning paper. The panel comprises:
- Professor Avinash Dixit (Princeton University)
- Professor Robert Staiger (Dartmouth College)
- Professor Alberto Trejos (INCAE Business School).
Dr Robert Koopman (Director, Economic Research and Statistics Division, WTO Secretariat) is ex officio member of the panel. Dr Roberta Piermartini (Chief, Trade Cost Analysis Section, WTO) coordinates the work of the selection panel.
For More Information: