Application Deadline: 30th September 2013
- The poster contest is co-organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the United Nations Women’s Guild in Rome, Italy.
- Entries are accepted until 30 September 2013.
- The contest is open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 17, living in any country of the world.
- Winners will be selected in three categories: ages 5 to 8, ages 9 to 12 and ages 13 to 17.
- Only one entry per person. Submitting multiple entries under the same artist’s name will result in disqualification.
- Multiple designs may be submitted using the same contact email address, but the artist’s name should not be duplicated. This means that teachers or parents can upload multiple files using the same email, but only one file per child is allowed.
- Poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, or using oil, acrylic or watercolor paint, as well as mixed media. Digitally created artwork is also permitted. No photographs are allowed.
- Poster entries may or may not include text. If text is used, any language is permitted.
- All artworks must be original and should not include photographic images of the contestant or other personal information.
Entering the contest:
- All participants are encouraged to watch the short contest video, and read about the World Food Day theme. Younger children may want to learn together with a parent or teacher.
- Complete all fields in the contest entry form, upload your poster design, and click SUBMIT. Younger children may need help from an adult in making their online submission.
- Working on an A4 sheet or an 8 ½ inches by 11 inches sheet is recommended, to make it easier for you to scan and upload your poster design. If your poster is larger, you may have to take a digital photo of the work and upload the photo file.
- Only digital files in JPG can be accepted and submissions must be made online – please do not send in physical posters.
- Three winning poster designs will be selected in each category.
- The winners will be announced on 16 October 2013 – World Food Day.
- The top three poster designs in all three categories will be published on World Food Day website, and shared through the Facebook accounts of FAO and the EndingHunger movement.
- Certificates of Recognition, signed by a United Nations official, will be sent to all the winners. First-place winners in each category will receive the popular EndingHunger T-shirt and a second surprise gift!
For More Information:
Visit www.fao.org/WFD-poster-contest to enter contest