Submission Deadline: April 22, 2013
The Greenest Student on Earth Scholarship Competition is an online competition open to students ages 3-18 from around the globe.
The Green School is looking for the world’s future green leaders. Three winners of the competition, one each from primary, middle, and high school, will receive a scholarship to the Green School in Bali, Indonesia, an international school which mission is to inspire students to be creative and innovative Green leaders.
The Greenest Student on Earth Scholarship Competition is open to individuals age 3-18 who would be eligible for admission into Pre-K Geckos through Grade 12 in August 2013 or January 2014 at Green School Bali (Entrants must be at least 3 years of age by September 1, 2013 for an August 2013 start and by February 1, 2014 for a January 2014 start. Entrants must be due to graduate from high school no sooner than June, 2014).
- To enter the competition, go to www.greenschool.org/greeneststudentonearth and follow the instructions provided to register and create a free account.
- Once you have done this, your parent or guardian will receive an email from Green School with instructions on how they can give their consent for you to participate.
- Parental consent is a requirement of all entrants. Green School must receive parental consent for you to participate before you are eligible to submit an entry.
Video Entry Requirements:
You may submit your Video Entry any time during the Open Call for Entries, March 5-April 22, 2013. The Video Entry must be a 2-3 minute YouTube video set to public view, including the following:
- Introduce yourself and say where you are from.
- Answer the question “Why are you the Greenest Student on Earth?”
- Tell us about a green project or activity that you are working on to benefit your community and the environment.
All entries will be judged by a judging committee made up of Green School Board Members and our Guest Judges. All entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- The green projects and activities the student is involved in
- The creativity in the video in presenting the character of the student
- The popularity of the video in shares, likes and votes
- Video: Maximum running time is three (3) minutes. If the video is longer than three (3) minutes, only the initial three (3) minutes will be judged.
- Language: Submissions must be in English only.
- You must agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Competition.
About Green School
Green School is an international school in Bali, Indonesia whose mission is to be the #1 model of sustainability education in the world and to inspire students to be creative, innovative, green leaders. Green School is the winner of the prestigious 2012 “Greenest School on Earth” award from the Center for Green Schools at the U.S. Green Building Council. They have attracted nearly 300 preschool through high school students from more than 55 countries seeking a unique, nature-based, student-centered education.