Application Deadline: November 11th, 2016
Esri’s Global Content Challenge is open to undergraduate or graduate students at colleges or universities, as well as high school students enrolled in an Advanced Placement Human Geography or Environmental Science course. Get creative by using Esri’s land, ocean, and population premium content libraries to tell compelling stories that bring about understanding and action.
Esri is challenging students all over the world to unleash the power of Esri content by way of their own geographic analyses, visualizations, predictive models and more to tell a compelling scientific story. The story must be presented using the Esri Story Map Journal app. We’ll point you to the best of our data and our Map Journal tips and tricks. You do the rest! Judges will select the best map journals to be awarded prizes. Esri will also share the winning map journals on our Collaborative Resource Portal and feature them at Esri’s Federal GIS and Education User Conferences, and Young Professionals Network events.
Themes to Consider
- Studies of ecological diversity, rarity, and evolutionary isolation, including where the most diverse landscapes/seascapes are in proximity to protected areas
- Design and networking of protected areas both terrestrial and marine to guide conservation, refugia and preservation planning
- Assessment of ecosystem services such as carbon storage, soil formation
- Analysis of climate change impacts to ecosystems (and other impacts such as fire, invasive species, land use, etc.)
- Implementations of fisheries management or ecosystem based management in territorial seas
- Assessment of risks, such as the impacts of environmental degradation on species habitats or on vulnerable human populations
- Impacts of extreme heat and severe weather
- Consequences of wildfires and floods
- Increases in vector-borne or water-borne diseases
- Tailoring education and/or risk communication to targeted populations
- Theme of your choice! Themes are not limited to choices above.
- This Contest is open to all undergraduate or graduate students at colleges or universities, as well as high school students enrolled in an Advanced Placement Human Geography or Environmental Science course, except for individuals who are residents of Cuba; Iran; North Korea; Sudan; Crimea; Syria; province of Quebec, Canada; and where prohibited by national, state, provincial, or any other governmental laws or regulations.
There will be winners in each of three categories – land, ocean, and population – who will receive the following:
First-, second-, and third-place prizes will be awarded in each of the following categories:
• Land: Best map journal that analyzes the LAND and related premium content libraries: go.esri.com/content-challenge.
• Ocean: Best map journal that analyzes the OCEAN and related premium content libraries: go.esri.com/content-challenge.
• Population: Best map journal that analyzes the POPULATION and related premium content libraries: go.esri.com/content-challenge.
• First Prize: $10,000.00USD or equivalent retail value in Esri Software
• Second Prize: $5,000.00USD or equivalent retail value in Esri Software
• Third Prize: $2,000.00USD or equivalent retail value in Esri Software
Winners are limited to one (1) prize overall.
How to Enter:
Register for the challenge using the form below.
Join GeoNet, the Esri Community, for help and ideas on how to incorporate Esri technology into your work.
- Nov 11, 2016 : Competition Closes at 5:00 p.m. PST
- Dec 5, 2016 : Winners Announced
For More Information: