Application Deadline: April 30 2015
This fellowship, which is funded by the UK Medical Research Council (MRC), provides support for two years training in medical statistics. For the first year the successful applicant will study for the MSc degree in Medical Statistics at the London School of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (LSHTM). This will be followed by a one-year professional attachment at one of the African centres associated with the research programme of the Tropical Epidemiology Group (TEG) at LSHTM.
- This support is intended to foster excellence in the field of medical statistics and epidemiology in sub-Saharan Africa
- The fellowship will provide costs for fees, stipend (£15,000 per annum) and return air travel.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- be resident in and a national of a country in sub-Saharan Africa
- be in possession of an excellent first degree with a background in mathematics, statistics or a related subject
- have at least 1 year of work experience in medical statistics or epidemiology
How to Apply for the Fellowship:
- Candidates should complete a TEG Fellowship Application Form and
- provide a curriculum vitae, two Reference Forms, and an academic transcript.
Completed application forms, curriculum vitas, academic transcripts and references should be emailed to: [email protected]
Please include “TEG Fellowship Application” and your name in the subject line.
For More Information: