Application Deadline: June 15 2015
Al Alfi Foundation Sustainable Development Fellowship is jointly offered by the Al Alfi Foundation and AUC, represented by the Center for Sustainable Development. The program is designed to identify and prepare future leaders who are Egyptian nationals and who have strong knowledge and skills in science, engineering, business, policy and social sciences.
Fellowship applicants must possess professional experience and exceptional skills, as well as an outstanding passion for sustainable development. The program enables qualified Egyptian applicants to the Master in Science in sustainable development to receive a waiver of tuition fees. Five candidates will be accepted into the program.
- Be Egyptian citizens
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Candidates must also have a background in science, engineering, policy, business or social sciences.
- Possess a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivelant of gayed gidan (very good)
- Be admitted into the master’s program in sustainable development
The fellowship covers:
- A full or partial waiver of tuition fees
- Student services and activities
- Cost of books
Responsibilities of Fellows
Fellowship holders should:
- Complete the program in the shortest amount of time, based on an agreement with the program’s director
- Participate in a number of relevant extra-curricular activities (events, seminars, workshops, training sessions, volunteering and community service) in order to enrich their experience and become leaders in sustainable development
- Be engaged in relevant academic or administrative activities for 12 hours a week
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Download and submit the AUC graduate application form
- Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application form
Applicants are required to provide a written statement that outlines their research and/or professional experience, as well as their future career goals. Financial difficulties should also be indicated in the statement.
For More Information:
- Contact the program coordinator at 2615.3072, or email [email protected].
- Visit the Official Webpage of the 2015 Al Alfi Foundation Sustainable Development Fellowship