Application Deadline: Applications can be handed in at any time, but at least three months before the intended visit in Germany.
The purpose of the programme is to provide opportunities to post-doctoral re-searchers from Sub-Saharan Africa to conduct, under the guidance of their host institutions, co-operative research at a German university or other research institutions. The programme is designed to augment opportunities for researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa.
DAAD is offering approximately 10 fellowships in 2014.
- Applicants have to be alumni of the German Academic Exchange Service ( DAAD) within the “In-Region / In-Country Scholarship Programme”.
- have completed their PhD degree less than six years ago.
- hold an academic position at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- submit an invitation from a German host institution together with a research plan which must have been arranged in advance with the host researcher in Germany. (please note:DAAD does not find or introduce host institutions.)
- be nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applications may come from all subject areas with strong relevance to national development.
Place of Tenure
- The fellowships are tenable in any university or research institution in Germany.
Duration and Commencement
The awards are tenable for a period of two to six months and are not renewable.
The scholarship consists of:
•An adequate travel lump sum
•A research lump sum of EUR 600,–
•A monthly allowance of EUR 1.400,–
•Accident, liability and health insurance
- Applicants will be required to download the application form to apply for this program. (To complete the form: Please tick “other programmes” on page 1; pages 4 and 5 do not apply)
Documents to be submitted
- Green DAAD application form, duly filled in and signed.
- Hand-signed Curriculum Vitae (please use the europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu), including list of publications.
- Research proposal including detailed time and work plan.
- Confirmation from a German professor stating that he/she will host the applicant during the stay.
- 2 recommendation letters by academic referees.
- PhD certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
- Master’s certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
Applications should be sent via e-mail directly to the respective contacts stated below.
- Angela Helfer (Central Africa) [email protected]
- Gabi Parmentier (West Africa)[email protected]
- Jasmin Ramershoven (Southern Africa) [email protected]
- Anja Trauschies, Bonface Nyagah (Eastern Africa) [email protected] and [email protected]
For More Information: