Submission Deadline:24th January 2016
In commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the first UN General Assembly resolution, which established the goal of eliminating nuclear weapons and all weapons of mass destruction, the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs is pleased to sponsor the UN Poster for Peace Contest.
The contest aims to raise awareness of the need for nuclear disarmament and to inspire citizens across the globe to add their voices, and use their artistic talents, to promote a world free of nuclear weapons.
- Anyone of any age can enter this contest, and it is open to all people in all countries. Children below the age of 13 will need to have their parents’ permission, and will need to have parents (or a legal guardian) help with their submissions.
- Art work must be original, submitted by the artist. It should be developed such that it could be displayed in a 60 by 90 centimetres (2 feet x 3 feet) format.
- Entries must be two dimensional using either traditional methods (pens, pencils, crayons, charcoal, oil paint, acrylic paint, watercolour, etc.) or modern digital illustration process.
- As all art work must be fully original, no entries will be accepted or considered if they are deemed to use in whole or part derivative images which could be considered plagiaristic.
- Entries should be uploaded to www.unposterforpeace.org
- Maximum file size: 10 MB
- File type: JPEG, PNG or PDF.
There will be three winners.
- First prize will be USD 3,000
- Second will be USD 2,000
- Third will be USD 1,000
For More Information: