Deadline: Tuesday 6 May 2014.
The CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) is calling for stories that highlight positive change in communities related to food and farming.
Five stories will be selcted from the pool of submissions, one from each of our regions – East Africa, West Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia and Latin America –featuring stories about people and organisations creating a positive changelinked to food and farming in their communities.
- The stories should be 600-800 words.
- You are adviced to integrate a climate change, youth and/or gender component into your story, and base the blog on your own experiences.
- You may be a farmer yourself, or working in a youth project related to farming, or focusing on gender-issues within food and farming.
- The competition is open to everyone,
- Young Agriculture and Climate Change Professionals to participate are encouraged to to participate.
Winning blogs will be selected by CCAFS Communications Team. Selection criteria will include:
– Innovation (both how you tell the story and through which mediums);
– How compelling your story is;
– How concrete your message and examples are;
– Ability to include a gender and youth component.
How to Apply:
- Blogs should be sent to Cecilia Schubert (c.schubert[at]cgiar.org) by Tuesday 6 May 2014.
- Blogs will be posted throughout May/June 2014.
What do you gain from it?
- The winners will get their blogs posted on CCAFS blog, and stories will be promoted within CCAFS wide networks.
- Stories will be featured in the respective region, including social media promotion, featured in newsletters and more.
- The winners will have the chance to highlight their own blog, web site and profile.
For More Information: