Submission Deadline: May 1st 2017
The Royal Commonwealth Society is pleased to announce that the theme for The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2017 is A Commonwealth for Peace.
Building upon the 2016 theme of An Inclusive Commonwealth, this year’s topics ask for a more active understanding of the role of the Commonwealth as a network of and for democracy, Human Rights and peace. We are asking young writers to explore peace at every level, from the personal to the political to the pan-Commonwealth.
|JUNIOR CATEGORY||SENIOR CATEGORY|
- All citizens and residents of the Commonwealth aged 18 and under are eligible to enter the competition. Special dispensation applies to entrants from Hong Kong, Ireland, The Gambia and Zimbabwe, who are also eligible.
- All entries must be in English.
- Entrants are asked to present their work in the format that best conveys their message, be that an essay, poem, story, folk tale, script, reportage, monologue or other written style.
- Photos and drawings are encouraged, particularly in the Junior Category.
- One Winner and Runner-up will be chosen from each category.
- Winners and Runners-up will be flown to London for a week of educational and cultural events, culminating in a special Awards Ceremony.
- A number of Gold, Silver and Bronze
- Awards will be given in both the Senior and Junior categories, rewarding excellence in writing.
- All entrants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
For More Information: