Application Deadline: December 1st 2014
Shell Ideas360 is more than a global competition that connects students to develop ideas that tackle the pressures on the world’s Food, Water and Energy resources. It’s an exciting journey of learning and discovery.
Collaborate with like-minded innovators and connect with Shell experts and mentors to expand your horizons.
Enter today and you could win the exciting opportunity to explore the world on a National Geographic Adventure.
Competition is open to any person who
- is, or will be, aged 18 or over by 01/12/2014; and
- is currently studying (and is officially registered to continue studying until at least 01/12/2014) as a full time or part time undergraduate or post graduate, excluding those studying for Phd or MPhil degrees, at a one of the recognised, degree awarding universities or other equivalent higher education establishments set out on the World Higher Education Database (accessed via www.whed.net) (an “Eligible Student“).
An Eligible Student under the age of 18 or who is not at the age of majority at the time of registration for the Competition must have the consent of his/her parent or legal guardian to accept these terms and conditions and to participate in the Competition.
Stage 1: formulate
Stage 1 – basic information about an idea that could help solve Energy, Water or Food issues, including the following details:
TITLE (6 words)
THE ELEVATOR PITCH – a description of the idea in a couple of sentences (200 words)
IMAGE/PHOTO representing the idea
BASIC CATEGORY SELECTION – Energy/Water/Food
A SELF ASSESSMENT OF:
- How novel is your idea?
- How doable is your idea?
- How relevant is your idea?
- How valuable is your idea?
being the “Stage 1 Submission”.
4th August 2014 – 1st December 2014
Register online – Explorer the online community – Introductory Google Hangouts
Learn and be inspired
Register and set up your personal profile. You can enter as an individual or as part of a team of up to three people.
You can submit your idea, access Google Hangouts and explore online communities to shape your idea before submission.
Stage 2: develop
- Stage 2 – a detailed project proposal and video (up to 3 minutes) explaining their idea in more detail, being the “ Stage 2 Submission”.
A briefing pack containing specific guidance as to the requirements for Stage 2 will be sent to relevant Participants at the start of Stage 2.
22nd January 2015 – 8th March 2015
Selected ideas will have access to:
- A designated mentor
- Expert Google Hangouts – support to further develop your idea, Leadership & business skills training to enhance your career
Connect to the experts
Connect with a Shell mentor and experts to access business skills Google Hangouts
Stage 3: pitch
14th April 2015 – 22nd May 2015
- Stage 3 – Pitch with supporting slides for presentation at the Final Event, being the “Stage 3 Submission”.
A briefing pack containing specific guidance as to the requirements for Stage 3 will be sent to relevant Participants at the start of Stage 3
Finalist teams receive:
- A trip to the Netherlands
- 3 days intensive coaching
- Opportunity to pitch ideas to senior Shell executives, innovators and industry leaders
Refine your skill
Make your idea pitch perfect with coaching , insight and support from senior Shell experts and gain exclusive access to Shell Eco Marathon and Powering Progress Together forum in Rotterdam.
All submissions: A 3-month subscription to WIRED’s interactive digital edition (accessible on iPad, iPhone and Kindle Fire)
All teams: A Subscription to National Geographic magazine.
Finalists: A trip to the Netherlands
Winners: Each team member will receive a National Geographic Adventure of their choice and a trophy.
Great for your résumé/CV
Shell is an internationally known and respected organisation and taking part will be a great addition to any student’s résumé/CV.
Work with professionals
Every team that makes it to Stage 2 will be assigned a Shell Mentor to help them develop their ideas. In addition they will have access to some of Shell’s renowned Subject Matter Experts.
Interact with fellow students around the world through the website. Meet industry leaders, business innovators and other students from around the world at the final event in Rotterdam.
Learn and discover at every stage
Access coaching and Google Hangouts to develop your idea that could change the world, be part of a global community of like-minded innovators and refine your skills to help prepare you for an exciting and fulfilling career.
Develop your ideas
This is your chance to develop that idea that you’ve been thinking about for ages with industry support, or to apply your studies to a practical, real-world problem.
All ideas submitted to Shell Ideas360 have the chance to be considered by the GameChanger, our innovation incubator.And with the connections made through the journey, ideas in the competition have received interest from external industry backers too
For More Information: