Application Deadline: August 19th 2016
This is a platform for championing green sustainable jobs by women and youth entrepreneurs in Kenya, with a focus on selected value chains, through MSMEs business modeling in at least 6 selected counties. Nakuru was the pilot County.
Problems to be tacked by Green Enterprise Challenge:
- Youth unemployment
- Environmental pollution
- Little education
- Inadequate business skills
The challenge is being run by Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT) in collaboration with Tangaza University College. MESPT is a champion of a Green Growth economy and in partnership with Danida has been implementing the Annual Green Growth Conference and exhibition in Kenya for the last 2 years.
- The challenge is open to youth and women who have startup businesses not more than 3 year old.
- Their businesses must have a green element in it.
- To register for the challenge must I have an existing business?
No, your business can be an idea which you must be in a position to convince the trainers and the judges that it is viable.
Business Categories are eligible?
- Your business is eligible if you are in the line of:
- Mobile & ICT Technologies
- Waste Management
- Renewable Energy
- They will be sponsored into an entrepreneurship academy in their county.
- All finalists will get certificates.
- Winners will be awarded trophies.
- Overall national winners will be awarded a monetary grant of up to KES 1,000,000 to grow their businesses.
- Sponsorship opportunity to participate/ exhibit in the National Green Enterprise Challenge and the National Green Growth Conference & Exhibition in October 2016.
- Exposure to potential investors/ funders.
- Development of brands
- Media Coverage
- Six months post competition incubation to harness entrepreneurial skills.
For More Information: