Application Deadline: 15 August 2014.
You are a passionate traveller, know lots about tourism and it’s economic, social and environmental impact and happen to have your own blog? Then why not participate in UNWTO’s Blogger Competition on this year’s WTD theme “Tourism and Community
What we are looking for
- A featured post on your blog on the subject of “Tourism and Community Development”.
- Share your experiences: Did you have the chance to visit a community which benefitted from tourism?
- Has your home community experienced improvements thanks to tourism?
How to go about it
- Publish a post on your blog on the topic we are looking for, visit our Blogger Competition section on wtd.unwto.org and create your entry indicating the title of your blog post, the URL, upload a picture and add a short description.
- Do contact us [email protected] should you have trouble entering your post.
- Blog Post length and language You may write your post in English, French or Spanish. Make sure though you do not exceed the limit of 500 words.
Submitted posts will be displayed on the World Tourism Day website wtd.unwto.org.
Who can participate?
- Active bloggers, 18 years of age or older, with a shown track record of posts on their blog.
- The author of the winning post will be invited to a round trip to Mexico, with the opportunity to visit local community projects. The trip will end with the winner attending the official WTD.Celebration taking place on 27 September in Guadal
ajara, Mexico, alongside UNWTO and tourism stakeholders from around the world.
- UNWTO will announce the winning post on 30 August 2014.
For More Information: