Application Deadline: Ongoing
The United Nations is looking for highly qualified candidates who are ready to launch a professional career as an international civil servant. The young professionals programme (YPP) is a recruitment initiative that brings new talent to the United Nations through an annual entrance examination. For young, high-calibre professionals across the globe, the examination is a platform for launching a career at the United Nations. This programme builds upon the national competitive recruitment examination (NCRE) which was held for the last time in 2010.
Are you eligible to participate in the young professionals programme examination?
- Do you hold at least a first-level university degree?
- Are you 32 or younger by the end of this year?
- Do you speak either English and/or French fluently?
- Are you a national of a participating country?
The examination is held worldwide and is open to nationals of countries participating in the annual recruitment exercise – the list of participating countries is published annually and varies from year to year.
2014 Partcipating Countries:
- Afghanistan Andorra Angola Barbados
- Belarus Belize Brazil Brunei Darussalam Burkina Faso
- Cambodia Chad China Comoros Côte d’Ivoire Cyprus Czech Republic
- Georgia Germany Grenada Guinea
- Indonesia Iraq
- Latvia Lesotho Liberia Libya Luxembourg
- Malaysia Micronesia Monaco Namibia
- Netherlands New Zealand Norway
- Paraguay Poland
- Saint Lucia Samoa San Marino Saudi Arabia Slovakia Solomon Islands Somalia South Sudan St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Turkey Tuvalu United Arab Emirates United States Vanuatu Vietnam
For More Information: