Application Deadline: June 22nd 2015
Applications are now open for the 4th IREX annual Make a Better World Photo Contest! Enter now for a chance to win cash prizes totaling over $1,000. You are encouraged to submit your best images of scenes and individuals around the world that reflect IREX’s tagline, “Make a Better World.”
• Entries are limited to 5 photos per person.
• Entrants may only win one prize.
• All entries must be in digital format and at the highest resolution possible in a .jpeg, .jpg, or .png format. Files submitted may not be larger than 10 megabytes.
• All entrants must hold exclusive rights to the photographs they submit and by entering are claiming such ownership.
• By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to IREX, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries.
Photos should demonstrate one or more of three theme categories:
1. Gender in the Middle East and North Africa – Photos should demonstrate how women and men work to promote gender equality and female empowerment by taking on roles as leaders, entrepreneurs, educators, and advocates for peace.
2. Media Development in Latin America – Photos should explore how journalism and independent media ensure press freedom to build transparent and effective governance, and provide citizens with access to information to improve their lives and communities.
3. Civil Society Strengthening in Africa – Photos should demonstrate how community members unite in solidarity to lead initiatives, promoting peace, justice, public-private partnerships, and citizen-government collaboration.
There are five prizes total. A panel of international development and photography experts will choose the winners for the
Grand Prize ($500) and Best of Category ($250, three).
The People’s Choice will be decided by IREX’s fans on Facebook. IREX may also select up to five honorable mention finalists. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, July 1.
For More Information: