Application Deadline:30th of October 2016
The Tiso Foundation through its Tertiary Bursary Programme in partnership with various South African Universities seeks to identify deserving previously disadvantaged candidates who have demonstrated talent and determination in their previous academic lives. The Foundation nurtures and empowers participants to achieve their academic potential, and go on to a meaningful career that will have a lasting impact on their careers, communities and the country. Scholarships are awarded to under privileged youth from marginalized communities who meet the selection criteria.
Selection criteria include; good to excellent matric results or academic performance (if already registered at University), a dedication to their studies and a willingness to meaningfully participate in upliftment programmes existing in the communities from which they emanate. A highly competitive selection process ensures these bursaries are accessed and utilised by students with the greatest promise, with a particular focus in the fields of Engineering, Science, Commerce and Medicine.
Throughout the programme, beneficiaries are offered life skills training and academic support. Upon completion the Foundation is available to assist the best students to access career opportunities through its network of corporate and institutional relationships.
The programme aims:
• To promote equity in the workplace by supporting strong black students to acquire the necessary academic qualifications
• To help address the skills shortage in the economy
• To address challenges of poverty through the avenue of human capital development.
Candidates must meet these selection criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 34
- Must come from a previously disadvantaged background.
- Must be in possession of good to excellent matric results.
- Must produce excellent results if already registered as a full time student.
- Must be financially needy
- Must portray and excellent positive attitude.
- Must be dedicated to their studies.
- Must provide references.
- Must be willing to give back to the community
Applications for 2017 are open.
Please have the following documentation ready for application:
- Certified copy of your ID
- Copy of your latest academic results
- Academic reference
- Proof of household income e.g payslips and 3 months bank statements.
- If you are studying at university, a copy of your latest student account statement
- Certification if your parents or legal guardians are deceased
How to Apply:
To apply, click on the following link and complete the online application:
Applications for 2017 will close on the 30th of October 2016. No applications will be accepted after this date.
Please ensure you complete and submit all information as incomplete applications will not be considered.
For More Information: